Monday, March 4, 2013

Breakfast...YUM!

Of course I made this after everyone else had eaten. But I made roasted grapefruit with brown sugar sprinkled on top. And spinach and mushroom scrambled eggs in a hashbrown nest.

Grapefruit Recipe:
Slice grapefruit in half, and cut out wedges for easier eating.
Sprinkle with about 1-2 teaspoons of brown sugar.
Set you oven to broil and cook just until top of grapefruit begins to brown. Mine took about 7 minutes.

Egg Scramble in a Hashbrown nest: Makes about 2 dozen for my large family…
Set oven to 400 degrees. Liberally grease muffin tins or see note below*
* Instead of grease you can use cooking spray, or for great flavor, I used a pad of butter at the bottom of each muffin cup after spreading butter around the edges.
Shred 8 potatoes, place water in your bowl to prevent potatoes from browning.
Mix in 2 eggs
Mix in 1/3 cup flour
Add salt and pepper for your desired taste.
Push potato mixture down like a nest into the muffin cups initially filling about 2/3 full.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.

While baking, scramble up your eggs as you like. I used 1 dozen eggs. I cooked half of them plain for the kids. The other half I added a handful of chopped spinach and handful of chopped mushrooms.
After your nests are done, carefully take them out of the muffin tins and top with eggs.
I added some sour cream and sliced spinach as a garnish…

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment